Isn't it such a shame for us all that Adam and Eve weren't more like today's politically hyper-active Christians. Just think about it, if they had been, surely we could have headed all this whole 'fall' thing before it ever happened. What they seemed to have lacked was the foresight to hire a great Christian legal team. If they had simply done that, I'm sure they could have filed suit to have that offensive tree removed from the garden. Sure, it might have taken a long drawn out legal fight, but having anything as troublesome as that tree still standing is a direct insult.
Hey, but wait a minute! Didn't God himself put the tree there? And seeing as he'd likely be the judge...oh well.
I realize this is a silly picture here, but sometimes I'm convinced so many of the 'fights' that 'Christians' choose these days are a bit ridiculous as well. This came to mind hearing about the debates in Texas over having a Biblical account of creation and the theory of evolution included in science textbooks.
I guess what it comes down to for me with this debate is why are we so scared of the theory of evolution? It is after all, only a theory. Part of me can't help but wonder if it's because many aren't as believing as they'd like to be in the Biblical account.
I'm not saying it's a bad fight necessarily. I do wonder sometimes if the time and the money just wouldn't be better used in a positive fashion, better teaching truth, than always just fighting against things.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment